Friday, March 17, 2006

Interesting story in today's Guardian.

The whole freedom of speech thing is a red herring - what democracy or country has ever truly allowed free speech? Societies have moral boundaries that are decided upon by their peoples and enforced (sometimes) by the law of the land. The lecturer in this case is peddling a racist and sexist ideology but should he be sacked for this? It's not an easy question to answer and everytime I think I know what should happen I have doubts (yes, it's a rare occasion where I simply cannot decide.)

One thing I can give a definitive opinion on however is Wholewheat Spaghetti. NO NEED. Any food stuff that needs cooking twice it's stated cooking time to even begin to approach being edible deserves to be treated with derision. Back to white pasta for me....Embrace those bad carbs :)

No comments: