Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

No you don't. Not just yet you bastard.

To what am I referring? The ageing process of course.

As you will know from a previous post I recently took the decision to abandon my hairstyle which took me all of 89 seconds to style every morning and opt instead for a grade 2 all over. Why? Because I was tired of the maintenance of erstwhile cut and I wanted something more practical. I've always lived by the rule that practicality should rarely take precedent over style - if you start making decisions on what trousers to wear due to their excellent pocket facilities then you are in trouble. Unless of course you are considering buying some of those black pants from Camden Market which were perfect for clubbing in those old hard house days: pocket for water bottle, tick! - pocket for money, tick! - pocket to store glowstick, tick! - secret pocket to stash drugs, tick tick! But even then the relaxation of style was only so you could accommodate something much more important in your life, like taking vast quantities of drugs and dancing all night. And it don't come much cooler than that does it?

Anyway, I digress. After the clippers had shorn my head I immediately started to feel somewhat disappointed in myself that I had succumbed to this victory for practicality over style at such an early age. I'm 28 for God's sake. Not 50. If you are already past the point of being bothered to style your hair at 28 you may as well give up now, go and buy some sensible slacks, some of those ghastly iron free shirts and staring moaning about the 'yoof of today'.

NO.

Not just yet.

Needless, to say the hair is being grown back. No doubt when I'm struggling with a handful of Fudge in the morning to control my wayward locks I'll be yearning for an easier life again, but 'easy' is what retirement is for. I'll shave my head again then.

No comments: