Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Blogger's block

I haven't posted for over a week now. I know, I know.

It's not as if there hasn't been anything going on. There is apparently some small disturbance occurring in the Middle East at the moment and in Australia, Peter and John got all worked up about who is going to lead the Liberal Party into the next election. For some reason I have not felt the need to comment on either. The Middle East thing is frankly too damn complicated for me to comment on - my rather quaint view is that all the protagonists there are cunts. But I'm not sure what value that adds to the debate.

As for the Peter and John ding dong it's obvious to me that Johnnie is clearly going to stay on for the next election and Peter has probably blown his chance of ever becoming Liberal leader. But that's just pointing out the obvious surely?

Mmmm...I will post something properly tomorrow - this period of inaction cannot continue. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times when I've had nothing to say (in fact it's once - this time) . I'm sure I will bounce back...

For now I'll leave you with my favourite lyrics of the moment from the slightly bonkers 'Underwear goes inside the pants' tune by Lazyboy...

We’re in one of the richest countries in the world,
an and the minimum wage is lower than it was thirty five years ago.
There are homeless people everywhere.
This homeless guy asked me for money the other day.
I was about to give it to him and then I thought he was going to use it on drugs or alcohol.
And then I thought, that’s what I’m going to use it on.
Why am I judging this poor bastard.
People love to judge homeless guys. Like if you give them money they’re just going to waste it hes gonna waste the money.
Well, he lives in a box, what do you want him to do? Save it up and buy a wall unit?
Take a little run to the store for a throw rug and a CD rack? He’s homeless.
I walked behind this guy the other day.
A homeless guy asked him for money.
He looks right at the homeless guy and says why don’t you go get a job you bum.
People always say that to homeless guys like it's always that easy.
This homeless guy was wearing his underwear outside his pants.
Outside his pants. I’m guessing his resume isn’t all up to date.
I’m predicting some problems during the interview process.
I’m pretty sure even McDonalds has a “underwear goes inside the pants” policy.
Not that they enforce it really strictly, but technically I’m sure it is on the books.


How very very true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jo Whiley has been playing this loads on Radio 1 (you see, I do sometimes listen to R1 :P). It's a great tune.