Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Big Brother Australia

So, my life for the next three months at 7pm is planned.

Big Brother 06 has started in Australia!

It looked at first as if the mix of contestants would be the same as last year: young, white, single and attractive. But the BB producers have gone all 'multicultural' on us this year and in amongst the youthful, nubile WASPs are a girl from China*, a guy from Bosnia and *gasp* a gay guy! It's political correctness gone mad I tell ya! There is also a Mother/Daughter team (who have both had boob jobs) in there who have to keep their relationship secret for the first week.

I haven't really sussed out who I hate the most yet, but it's early days. Early contender is Michael - the guy who is doing a political science degree and who wants to work as a political strategist for any party! Doesn't sound like Mr Prinicples has come a knockin' on his door recently eh? Also he has put 'Everything happens for a reason' as his 'life motto' which immediately marks him down as a cunt in my eyes.

One thing I did notice from the first episode was that a desire to fuck everyone over to get to where you want to be is seen somehow as a virtue. Never mind being kind, compassionate, considerate & generous it seems that all young people care about these days is how to get what they want and to hell with the consequences. For the first time in my life I actually preferred the hippy to any of them and for me to align myself with a hippy shows just how selfish and nasty our society is becoming.

Mind you, I could be over analysing (see Daniel Kitson rant for further evidence of this). I think the contestants have to big up their Gordon Gekko attributes to get on the show but once on there their kinder sides shine through. Well, I live in hope.

*ableit one that said that she hates people who move to Australia and don't become Australians! lol

No comments: